[SI-LIST] Re: Impedance of driver / receiver

  • From: Todd Westerhoff <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alexandre.AMEDEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:36:24 -0400

Alexandre,

I gave a presentation at DAC 2005 that looked at IBIS buffers and what
you can learn from them:

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/summits/jun05/westerhoff.pdf

We used simulation tools to generate the waveforms in the presentation,
but much of the data we derived (particularly, the selection of a proper
series terminator value) could be derived directly from the IBIS V-I
curve data.  If you haven't looked at IBIS V-I curve data before, you
should know that voltage is referenced to the respective power rail
(ground in the case of a pulldown, power in the case of a pullup).

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
VP, Software Products
SiSoft
6 Clock Tower Place, Suite 250
Maynard, MA 01754
(978) 461-0449 x24
twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx
www.sisoft.com

Alexandre.AMEDEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know, where we can find information about buffer impedance?
> For example for technology LVTTL 3V3, which are the impedances of the driver
> and receiver buffer?
>
> It could be useful for example to find serie resistor adaptation without
> using simulation tools.
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> A.AMEDEO

> List technical documents are available at: