[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS modeling

  • From: "Jon Powell" <jpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Scott McMorrow'" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:20:56 -0700

Just to add a little more food to the frenzy.

In complete agreement with Scott + this data:

LVDS is defined as being implemented with an "Ideal" current source.
Since this is "a little hard" what I have seen used is essentially just
a big capacitor to VCC and VSS. This gives a pretty good transient current
source
but ONLY at a given operating frequency. Which means (as stated by Scot)
that you
can only make good models for a given operating frequency and you have to be
careful
to try and get one that will give accurate AC and DC results.

jon

List archives are viewable at: