[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS Model for Freescale MC68302

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dburns@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 06:01:00 -0700

Doug, thanks for the plug.  We like building models and do a very nice
job with that.  But, Orin's got a point:  this is a very slow clock
rate.  Way back in ancient times Quad took out ads offering solutions
for people who dared tread into the feared land of ... 30MHz!

Regards,

Steve.
Doug Burns wrote:
> Mohit,
>
> The first thing to do is a paper timing analysis to determine your basic
> setup/hold margins. This analysis will give you
> an idea of how critical an accurate analysis is. If you have lots of margin,
> then using good "rules of thumb" for your
> design should be fine. In this scenario, you could even use idealize driver
> models of the proper impedance and slew-rate
> to show you what the signal quality may look like.
>
> If however, the margins look tight (due to large Tco and setup/hold windows
> or that you know your bus has multiple loads
> and is long), then simulation is a good idea. If you have spice models,
> SiSoft provides a Spice-to IBIS conversion
> service at very reasonable rates. If you can not get the spice models, Then
> Teraspeed consulting group has the
> capabilities to develop a good IBIS model from actual components.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Doug
>

> Douglas J. Burns
> Vice President, Consulting Services
> Signal Integrity Software, Inc.
> 6 Clock Tower Place
> Maynard, MA  01754
> 978-461-0449 x14
> dburns@xxxxxxxxxx

Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(408) 884-3985 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: