[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS Confusion over Component/Package/Pin vs Define Package Model

  • From: "Beal, Weston" <Weston_Beal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Russell Dill <Russ.Dill@xxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 19:49:14 +0000

The first problem is that the resistance values are negative. I think that
means that the package pin is generating power. If that's real, we'll all buy
some. The bad resistance values bring the whole model into doubt. My choice
would be to remove that package model, move forward with the lumped RLC per
pin, and in parallel ask the IC vendor to correct their model so I can run a
final verification with the best possible model.
Regards,
Weston