[SI-LIST] Re: "Ground" strips between LVDS pairs

  • From: Julia Nekrylova <fialka113@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jason Young <Jason.Young@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:29:06 -0700 (PDT)

Jason,

I remember when I started in 1996 all the clocks on the board were with guard
bands (ground strips).
It provided help in fighting the emissions (EMI).

Steve,

You mentioned unintentional tuned couplers... If you ground strips very
liberally (lambda/20 or so), how do you create tuned couplers?

Thanks,
Julia Nekrylova

74ze