[SI-LIST] Fiber weave effect modeling: Stack of materials ...

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 10:44:11 +0200

Hello *,

the original thread is already old, but I would have one more question
on this one:
Will stacks of multiple materials statistically help to reduce the effect ?

"Standard" 1080 looks not too good, but if 2x or 3x 1080 is stacked this
could statistically reduce the effect.
I would not expect that material production and manufacturing is so
accurate that a stack of 3 material will result that always the same
structures are overlayed.
I would more expect, that there might be a statistical distribution for
High volume manufacturing where a part of the final boards will have
this worst case, and on other there will be a statistical distribution
of different combinations how the materials are overlayed in the stack.

Does anybody have more than a feeling on this assumption ?

Thanks and regards

Hermann

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer