[SI-LIST] Re: Ferrite model

  • From: "Ray Anderson" <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <azizi_kamran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:48:06 -0700

Kami-

I don't have a model for that particular ferrite bead, however check out
a document I wrote quite a while back that describes how you can create
a very accurate model from either data sheet numbers or measured data.

The document can be downloaded here:=20

http://www.si-list.org/files/tech_files/power_filt.pdf

The method originally was written up in an old MicroSim (Pspice)
app-note and creates a frequency dependent G element table defined model
from magnitude and phase Z numbers (or equivalently from R and Xl
numbers)

The method isn't the only way to do it or even necessarily the best, but
I did have very good results with the models synthesized as described.

-Ray