[SI-LIST] Re: FET probe caution

  • From: "Alex Horvath" <alexh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:05:51 -0700

Doug,

We have an application where we need to perform differential measurements on
a 1.25 Ghz differential digital signal traversing a backplane. Since it's a
50 ohm circuit (100 ohms differential), I reasoned that it was not necessary
to use a high impedance differential scope probe and somewhat inconvenient
since there is no easy way to permanently attach the probe to the circuit. I
decided to use a SMA or MCX with a divider circuit. The scope is Tek 7404 (4
Ghz BW). Can you make a recommendation as to the divider circuit and
resistor values, type of coax etc.

PS. We may require your services as a consultant when we get hardware in.
We're located in Los Gatos.

Alex Horvath
Agile Storage
130 Knowles Dr. Suite B