[SI-LIST] EMI effects on measurement equipment

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>, Si-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:06:48 -0700

 Hi Everyone,
I just posted my monthly Technical Tidbit on EMI induced measurement error.

Technical Tidbit - October 2011
Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Effects on Measurement Equipment
(ESD Effects on Oscilloscopes)
This month's Technical Tidbit describes how EMI can result in error creeping
into your lab measurements.
Abstract: When debugging designs or making electrical measurements of noise,
especially ESD, we often assume the only equipment in the room that works
perfectly is our measurement equipment. This assumption can be wrong and
whenit is, the bad data that results can add significantly to the time
neededto get to the cause of a design problem. Examples of ESD interference
to oscilloscopes are described and one innovative method of minimizing EMI
induced error is shown.
The link to the article is: http://emcesd.com/tt2011/tt100111.htm[1]

If you look at the main page http://emcesd.com[2] you will see that I am
approaching 200 papers and articles! What a ride it has been, more to come.
Ireally enjoy performing experiments and writing them up.

Doug
\/ ) P.O. Box 1457 ========= Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457 _ / \ / \ _ TEL/FAX:
408-356-4186/358-3799 / /\ \ ] / /\ \ Mobile: 408-858-4528 | q-----( ) | o |
Email: doug@xxxxxxxxxx[3] \ _ / ] \ _ / Website: http://www.dsmith.org[4]