[SI-LIST] Re: Different Simulation Results

  • From: wolfgang.maichen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Mohamad Haghtalab <mohaghtalab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:23:31 -0700

Are you sure you are using correct _differential_ (odd mode) stimulus in
both tools? Maybe one simulates the structure with single ended stimulus
(only one line being driven), while the other uses differential signals
(both lines driven, with opposite polarity). Second, I would check the
port impedances. 20dB difference is huge (I'd expect well below 1dB if
both tools are set up correctly and the models really match), that almost
sounds like termination vs. open.
Wolfgang

Mohamad Haghtalab <mohaghtalab@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/17/2010 03:02 AM

si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[SI-LIST] Different Simulation Results

Hi all

I've simulated two coupled parallel microstrip lines with both HFSS and
SIwave(from

Ansoft), there is good agreement between the SHAPE of Scattering Matrix
results in two

softwares,BUT in the LEVEL of them there is about 15 - 20 dB
difference,what do you

think about this?

Regards

List technical documents are available at: