[SI-LIST] Re: De-rating

  • From: Siddharth Rajagopalan <maxsidhu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Moran, Brian P" <brian.p.moran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 20:09:19 +0530

Dear moran,
                  Thanks for your time and effort in helping me understand
this concept, sir. while scanning through the slides, i noticed this, in
silde no.16 under the composite de-rating at AC/DC table, you said that
positive values reduces the margin. Let me consider the examples of 1v/ns
anf 2v/ns SR (for the AC175/DC 100 case.),

   -  DDR3-800 for 1V/ns SR,
   - tls (Vref) = 375ps
      - tls(AC) =( 375ps - 175ps) = 200ps
      - tih (DC) = (375ps - 100ps) = 275ps

Here we have a setup margin of 200ps and a hold margin of 275ps.

   -  DDR3-800 for 2V/ns SR,
   - tls (Vref) = 375ps
      - tls(AC) =( 375ps - 87.5ps) = 287.5ps
      - tih (DC) = (375ps - 50ps) = 325ps

 Here we have an improved setup margin of 287.5ps and a hold margin of
325ps.

I find an increased margin in the second case. please help me correct my
understanding.
Thanks
siddharth rajagopalan

Siddharth Rajagopalan