[SI-LIST] Re: DDR2 spacing rule

  • From: "Mustafa Yousuf" <yousufs432@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <balaseven@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Prashant Jaiswar'" <prashant.jaiswar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 15:46:04 -0700

Hi Bala,

Not trying to repeat what was said but to perhaps put more clearly.

Each byte is associated with its own DQS and must be length matched
accordingly within the byte.
DQS's need not to be length matched tightly together but they need to remain
length matched to CLK within 1/4 CLK cycle.
Each bye with its DQS could be toggling differently from other bytes and
could be routed in different location or even different layer from other
bytes. This means exposure of each byte to different crosstalk (XTalk)
environment although XTalk should be minimized for each byte. Hence byte to
byte spacing should be as large as possible and larger than trace to trace
spacing within the byte. This is to minimize XTalk between bytes which helps
maintain timing control for the entire bus.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Mustafa