[SI-LIST] Re: DDR2 eye-diagram masks creation

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddankomm@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 09:40:12 +0200

Hello,

there is no real eye mask for DDR2/DDR3. On can generate some AC/DC
based eye opening, but this is not correct as DRAMs do have a source
snyc edge by edge specification instead of an eye mask.
Some time ago I generated a movie/presentation that you can download on
my website.

Go to     www.EyeKnowHow.de
under Download/Movies you will find a DDR3_SetupHold_tutorial at the
bottom. This was done for DDR3, but is basically valid for DDR2 as well..

For anybody how is interested there in more detail: just visit our
Seminar  (see below) ;-)

Hermann

Our next Events:
================

"Open the Black Box of Memory"
Seminar on 08/09. November 2012

Check our website or contact us for details

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Veilchenstrasse 1
94554 Moos
Tel.:   +49 (0)9938 / 902 083
Mobile: +49 (0)176  / 787 787 77
Fax:    +49 (0)3212 / 121 9008

schrieb danko miocinovic:
> Dear Experts,
> I am doing some verification of LPDDR2 memories and my question is about
> creating eye-diagrams. I got some material from Agilent but it gives not
> enough details.
> How do you create eye-diagram mask, what are the boundaries? If we imagine
> the central romboid of a mask, I am interested if there is some detailed
> tutorial about setting those boundaries.
> If I have e.g. 533 memory and I know exactly what the frequency is, I can
> calculate the UI x-size and easily create it.
> What are boundaries for Y coordinates in this central part (grayed-out area),
> how to create them? Do I put some minimal or maximal values there (maximum
> values sound as the worst case)?
>
> I hope I was clear enough about what I would like to know, if not I could
> provide more info.
>
> Thank you.
>

>  Kind regards,
>
> Danko Miocinovic