[SI-LIST] Re: Calibration VNA question

  • From: "Antonis Orphanou" <orphanou@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Navroop.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Navroop.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "l.boglione@xxxxxxxx" <l.boglione@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 21:51:18 +0000

Usually the calibration sequence will request for the THRU delay. For the THRU
standard this delay is specified by the kit manufacturer. If you want to add
additional delay, due to additional fixtures, you have to calculate that delay
yourself. In addition some software can move the reference plane.
In both cases, you have to know the particular phase delay between the standard
calibration and the fixtures you are using.

The above will assume that the fixture is just a linear phase (fancy way of
saying dispersion-less) and lossless. Depending on the fixture you might want
to actually de-embed it from your measurement to account for the loss as well.