[SI-LIST] AW: changing Frequency Response!

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mohamad Haghtalab" <mohaghtalab@xxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:27:54 +0100

Hi Mohammad,

I've never used SIwave, but here are some Ideas what might have happend.
Please check that your second simulation uses the same frequency points you had
in the first simulation. Quite often the interpolation between the points can
make things look different. You should also check if the impedance of the
source, line and termination is exactly the same. Any mismatch will result in
reflections and standing waves. Take a look at the S-Parameters of both
simulations, they should be equal up to 5GHz. If you see equally spaced ripples
in S11, then there are impedance discontinuities.

For software related problems please see the ANSOFT Engineers, they will be
happy to help .

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH & Co. KG; Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Espelkamp; Registergericht: Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRA 5596; persönlich
haftende Gesellschafterin: HARTING Electronics Management GmbH; Sitz der
Komplementär-GmbH: Espelkamp; Registergericht der Komplementär-GmbH: Bad
Oeynhausen; Register-Nr. der Komplementär-GmbH: HRB 8808; Geschäftsführer:
Torsten Ratzmann