[SI-LIST] 60MHz Bus: PCB trace length

  • From: S Balaji <S.Balaji@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:51:04 +0530

Hi Guys,
I have a 32-Bit processor interfaced to an ULPI tranceiver.
The bus is at 60Mhz.

One of the control signal from the processor (STP) is more in length by
300mils w.r.t the clock.
The total length of the line is 1700mils. No termination. Stripline
routing.

If i set the STP pin at slow slew rate (Processor pin configuration), then
my USB communication fails.
The CRC is detected wrongly (Data is correct. )

But if i set the STP pin at fast slew rate, it works fine.

Question
1. Is 300mils increase a major factor?
    Set up time requirement is 4.5ns. I could not get any info on the rise
time.

Regards
Balaji S

List technical documents are available at: