[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: wheat gluten Long!

  • From: raymond doran v <gsdbeatingcleats01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:27:13 -0700

Now now, must not say anything naughty about wheat gluten and China......when I
did that a couple of weeks ago I got screamed at, yelled at, etc. etc. and
called a liar regarding the wheat gluten, China's practice of destroying
animals by the thousands, well that is except for the ones they enjoy for
dinner, I don't know if destroy is the correct word in that instance, I was
informed by a very knowledgeable source on the list that I was a liar, that the
wheat gluten did not come from China, that it came from Canada after the
Canadians purchased it from China, duh doesn't that still say it came from
China, hello! And furthermore, the Chinese only killed a few dogs in a small
village because of a rabies scare.  Forgot to mention the apparent population
scare in China, where they routinely kill newborns because of the "one child
per family policy" and their wonderful human rights policies.
 Even the pet food companies involved in this horrid disaster have admitted in
writing that yes the wheat gluten came from China!  As I said then and will say
again, ever wonder why we or Canada buy wheat or wheat gluten etc. etc. from
China?  What don't we buy from China is an even better question.And yes the
farmers of America are in a terrible situation because of all this importing
America does these days, but the farmers aren't alone in the situation, they
were the first to feel the 'hits' from all the importing from China.I am by far
old enough to recall Khrushchev's comment back in the days of the cold
war...'we will not have to take America from with out, we will take America
from within.'  Yes, we can all write letters to the companies and yes we can
all stop buying products made in China, course we won't be buying a tremendous
amount of products such as shoes, toys, clothing and even our own American
flags (has anyone ever noticed how many of our American flags, especially the
smaller ones that we all see and use on July 4th, the same small flags on
wooden sticks that decorate the gravesites of our lost service men and women in
cemeteries all across this nation, are almost always Made In China boy if that
isn't a slap in the face).  I am not a racist, I believe in freedom for all and
equal rights for all, well for all Americans that is whether they be born here
or have become legal citizens, I don't care what color the skin, nor what
nationality, religion, but I do care about our country and our fellow
Americans.Well, there it is one more time, so once again bring it on Paula and
whoever else wants to call me a liar etc.  I still say damn the torpedoes and
full steam ahead!R. Doran  'All Gave Some, Some Gave All' 'Our MIA's and POW's
Never Forgotten' 'Our Veterans Remembered and Honored''In Loving Memory of SSG
Larry Brent Curttright, 9Aug.46-28Feb.69, KIA South VietNam.'Posthumously
Awarded Purple Heart, Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Cluster & 'V' for ValorTwo
Silver Stars with 'V' for Valor.'In Loving Memory of our son Larry James B.
Curttright, 18Apr.68-12 Aug.75, Killed by a Hit and Run Driver.'> From:
pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] wheat
gluten> Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 08:08:58 -0400> > I will copy and paste a letter
I recieved from Nestle Purina after writing and asking about the wheat gluten
in their products.> Thank you for contacting Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.> >
> Wheat gluten is a commodity ingredient sold on the global market. Only a
minority of our supply originates in China. While the vast majority of our
grain products and ingredients overall are sourced from the United States,
wheat gluten that meets our specifications is not available in sufficient
quantities in the United States. Please know that we are no longer buying wheat
gluten from this source in China.> > > > Again, thank you for contacting us.> >
As far as I can see this means that they will STILL br purchasing wheat gluten
from China. I am a little more then irritated after reading all the info about
contaminated products from China and their practices. Its no wonder the
American farmers are going out of business at the rates that they are! I think
if everyone took a stand together and either wrote petitions to the companies
or stopped buying their foods we might be able to get safer higher quality
foods for our pets/showdogs/family members! As far as I can tell they really
don't care and are going to keep right on buying from a place that really
doesn't care...its the bottom dollar that counts!> > Rebecca Little> Peakes
Brook German Shepherds>
http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html> >
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS
ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org>