[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: water

  • From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: v Christiane Rudolf <crudolf@xxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:57:58 -0700

v Christiane Rudolf wrote:
>I had a "dog door" for a little while when I changed door knobs to one of
>those european handles.  Boy, did my dogs ever learn to let themselves in and
>out at will.  Not good when you have a dog inside that does not like the dog
>that is in the yard and vice versa.  I came home one day to find the kitchen
>door standing wide open(with airconditioning on at full blast).  This also led
>to a huge muddy mess on the floor when it was rainy outside.
>
>How do those of you that have dog doors, handle this situation?  Can you lock
>the dog doors?

 *Yes, they can be locked.  There is a slider panel that effectively
keeps the door from being used.  I only use it when I want them all to
stay outside when I have company (seldom) that does not like dogs, or
when the cleaning lady is here.  Bodie loves vacuum hoses......I would
never be without one.  My dogs do not need to be kenneled, though I have
kennels with dog houses for emergencies.  Doris*