[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was Re: A.O.E./ Mom's Day/ now elitist

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 19:49:19 -0500

I am having a tough time reading that all dog people are elitist. Elitism in
the sense of the word is an attitude.
Personally, I hear very few comments about dog people being elitist, especially
in Dals. Dal folks are down to earth as are many breeds and I believe that
comes across in dealing with other dog people and the public.

As much as I love the GSDs and most of the people, there is a fair amount of
the elitism syndrome in this breed - especially as I read the comments about
all breed shows, how specialty dogs are better, etc. People can't be happy for
someone who wins at all breeds and the national club is the most prestigious
club in the universe.

This elitism not only comes across to the public, but to folks in other breeds.
I remember when I told some who was a long time friend from shows, that we got
another GSD and she asked "why"?

Its a bad image for any breed to have.. That's why I love reading about Harley
and Paula and Kay Springer and her dogs at all breeds... People and dogs being
good ambassadors..

It isn't them, us and me... We are all into this together.  If you think all
dog people are elitist, it's time to go to an all breed show or make some new
friends in the sport..... and finally, get off your high horse and join us all
down here.

JessM.
Paisleydals and the GSD Girls