[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the end of an era?????

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 12:26:33 -0500 (EST)

I would think aside from the high dollar per acre the property taxes  in
this area would be an issue.....both mighty high.  It's a very different
world compared to the south and midwest,

Thank goodness for Kimberton fire house grounds right up the road.
Outdoor rings, indoor grooming w/ electric and they aren't moving a fire house
anytime soon <G>.

I think it's time for a glass of wine and some oysters at Ludwig's Corner
Oyster Bar to find out what the locals are saying.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 12/4/2011 12:06:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The  writing has been on the wall for a number of years. The area around
the show  grounds that used to provide additional parking and an access road
has been  sold off and developed. Soccer fields adorn part of the grounds,
and the fire  company across the way no longer permits overflow parking. If
show giving  clubs would band together, they could buy a nice parcel of ground
and develop  their own show grounds, and if they installed electrical
hookups, as they do  down south and in the Midwest, they could easily host 20
plus packed dog shows  a year, plus horse and livestock shows. There is
strength in numbers if only  the clubs members could get along with members of
other clubs--so as usual,  divided we fall.  I'm very sad to see the show
grounds go--I have so many  wonderful memories of weekends spent there!
Written by a friend, shared by  Peggy