[ SHOWGSD-L ] someone else's opinion...

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:45:08 -0400

This was on another list I'm on.  I don't know who wrote the original,
but I suspect it was someone who breeds and shows a Bull breed.  In any
case, we should read it...
  Peggy
In light of Michael Vick's indictment by the U.S. District Court in
Richmond, Va, and details of the horrific dog fighting and practices
which he apparently sponsored and participated in, there is a movement
amongst caring dog people to notify the Atlanta Falcons and the NFL
Commissioner that Vick's behavior is unacceptable in a society whose
members care about their children and pets.  Barbaric, cruel torture of
animals should not the face of the Atlanta Falcons or the NFL, and if
they or any other team wishes to hire this man in future, dog and cat
lovers everywhere will boycott the team and their sponsors and
advertisers.  Further, Vick has made millions from Nike and other
advertisers.  Consider contacting them too.
People are worried about the teflon "star" effect and that Vick will
walk because he is a big sports figure.  There are big time highly paid
spin doctors trying to make this look like he's just a poor,
misunderstood multimillionaire who was helping some friends with a space
at his property and he didn't really know what was going on, despite
alleged evidence that he actually participated for 6 years and this only
reached a climax after some particularly gruesome torture killings of
dogs in April.  Making an example of him might bring some light into
this dark corner and stop some of the terrible brutality and those
colossal idiots who think it is a fine blood sport.

You can send in a few words at this site... they also have a comments
section, which appears not to be functioning (very possibly because
people are outraged and have posted so extensively).

<http://www.atlantafalcons.com/About/Contact_Us.aspx>http://www.atlantafalcons.com/About/Contact_Us.aspx

Most importantly... please post your feelings at this site (Commissioner
Roger Goodell has said he wants the NFL and players and owners to adhere
to high standards of contact...let's see if he means it):

 <http://www.jointheteam.com/contact/> http://www.jointheteam.com/contact/

You can also post your comments (without using name or personal info)  at
<http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19814878> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19814878

T shirts are available for those who would like to see Vick's punishment
become very personal.

<http://www.zazzle.com/gracie111/product/235721297321477669>http://www.zazzle.com/gracie111/product/235721297321477669

Finally,  we need to encourage our local and federal agencies to
actively prosecute dog fighting.  Please watch for every opportunity to
do this.
Carolyn