  • From: Michele Panetta <rockstarshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 19:41:54 -0500

Obedience is not to be military.  In fact I know of someone who got points
off because he was doing military turns.  Sharp ones.  It is to be a
natural turn but your dog should be right there.
Our thoughts in regards to the person who told someone to string their dog
up   that's bull.  If a dog knows what you want them to do and refuse they
do earn a correction (pop, a NO, etc) but if the dog looks like it really
may not understand what you want then you go back and retrain with praise
and treats.    the new way of training is so much better although I never
gave harsh corrections when training the old way.
My guys earned their moms ROM for her in 2013.

Michele
Rock Star GSD's

http://showgsd.org/mail.html