  • From: "Connie" <ValleSaladoGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 18:05:09 -0600

Barbs post, made me think of  a poem you all might enjoy if you haven't read
it before:
"A Tale for All Seasons "
"Tell me the weight of a snowflake," a

sparrow asked of a wild dove.

"Nothing more than nothing," was the

answer.

"In that case, I must tell you a marvelous

story," the sparrow said.

"I sat on the branch of a fir, close to its trunk,

when it began to snow - not heavily, not in

a raging blizzard - no, just like a dream,

without a sound and without any violence.

Since I did not have anything better to do, I

counted the snowflakes settling on the twigs and

needles of my branch. Their number was exactly 3,741,952.

 When the 3,741,953rd snowflake dropped onto the

branch - nothing more than nothing, as you

say - the branch broke off."

Having said that, the sparrow flew away.

The dove, since Noah's time an authority on

the matter, thought about the story for a

while, and finally said to herself, "Perhaps

there is only one person's voice lacking for

peace to come to the world."

Author -By Kurt Kauter

Connie Williams