  • From: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 15:07:52 -0500

?Hi, I also like the idea of an Amateur Class. It should be competitive and a
great way for the judges to see new faces. Hopefully getting to winner's will
give you a better shot at the judge judging the dog. I?would think?the judges
will?appreciate?dogs to judge. May the best dog win! It is disheartening to go
to the ring and have people say "Oh you can't owner/handle in the GSD ring".?
Where did GSd people get such a bad rap? ?There have been some great people,
some not so great but isn't that in every breed?
Msg: #3 in digest
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:11:49 -0800 (PST)
From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New Amateur Class

Hi all!

  I personally really like the idea of the Amateur Class.  I'm fairly new to
the
sport, I do this as a hobby and love for dogs.  I do not have the money it
takes
to hire the big handlers and the reality is, too many judges are looking at the
wrong end of the leash.  I also love to handle my own dogs and want to feel
like
I have a "fair" chance.  Now I understand that you still may potentially
compete
against the handlers in Winners, but at least I have a chance to get there.

  Matter of fact, the best time I've had at a show so far was in Denver last
year at the February cluster.  They had a special Best in Show owner/handler
competition on Sunday.  I really had fun, but then again I won BOB for that
competition.  First time in groups, even if it didn't count for anything other
than bragging rights.

  JMHO

  Tina
  Illusion GSDs
  BPISS, Illusion's Mirage De Oro, OFA H/E, CGC, HIT
  BPISS, UKC Ch Oak Ridge Tanzanite 'N' Topaz

---------------------------------

    #1: From: Dogpeople@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: a video for us all
    #2: From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: AKC Rules
    #3: From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
    #4: From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: How to Double Handle at an All Breed Show
    #5: From: HOLLY WOODS <hollywoods@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: need "car" puppy names
    #6: From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    #7: From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Problems at the Edwardswille IL KC
    #8: From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx

Msg: #1 in digest
From: Dogpeople@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:47:56 EST

In a message dated 12/4/2007 11:50:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
_http://www.flashdemo.net/gallery/wake/index.htm_
(http://www.flashdemo.net/gallery/wake/index.htm)

How wonderfully moving and fantastic.  Thank you!!

Mackie

products.

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:51:04 -0500

I should mention that when speaking about the AKC, it isn't all about German
Shepherds...and the GSD fancy has to remember that.
   Just as so many people outside the Shepherd world think all German
Shepherds are crippled, they also think that all German Shepherd people are
crazy...running around the ring with cowbells, big whistles, and chains
around their necks.......and yes, some do that.
   Any doubts I had about non GSD people understanding the breed, or even
wanting to, were removed last week after Carolyn sent the Dingo video to the
Judges list...
and so many argued that it was bad movement and explained why German
Shepherds can't go in a straight line.
    My own feeling is that if you don't know anything about the judges at
the all breeds, don't take a major entry, and don't anyone enter more than
one dog...because it isn't just the reps you will be fighting.   If you want
to show at all breeds (and I thank God so many do, because it  was, after
all, at the all breeds that I got to judge Mystique (years before Jimmy got
her), Conan, BlackJack, Indy,  MiniMe, Starsky, many of Tom and Sandy's
dogs, Scoop (before I had the distinct pleasure of becoming his co-owner)
and dozens more...(even Sparkle Plenty, altho I believe I put her sister up
over her, sigh)...
    Before you enter the allbreed shows, try to find out something about the
judges first........if you don't know them, be careful what you take.  AND
by all means, if the Field Rep is going to be one of the lunatics like the
one this past weekend at Fitchburg, be prepared.........and don't be afraid
to call the police at a moment's notice.  Remember...there is nothing in
writing against exhibitors double handling....the entire onus is on the
judge...AND if you are the judge, and the Rep enters your ring, THROW THE
SUCKER OUT!!!  Smile and say "if you have anything to say to me, you can say
it when I'm done here.  In the meantime, leave."
You are within your rights to do that...and the AKC MUST back you up on that
stand...if they don't, sue them, too (or just threaten to do it).  Very few
people have sued the AKC and lost, remember.  And the rules are in
writing...the judge can order ANYONE from the ring.
  Peggy
.

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest

From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:19:16 -0600

My friend teaches her dogs to key into her cough. No one can yell at you for
coughing... :)
Cyndy
www.texasdogs.com

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:27:57 -0800
From: HOLLY WOODS <hollywoods@xxxxxxx>

*Lamborgini*

From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:33:50 -0500

My sincere apologies to the owners of dogs whose names I left out of my
little list......I've already had 3 emails about it...and I KNOW there will
be more........sorry, sorry, sorry!!!
Peggy

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:40:18 -0800 (PST)
From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>

Just talked t a club member who spent the weekend at Eukanuba - there were
definitely strollers on the show grounds.
  Ruth
terraf <Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  It is not a rule...it is only enforceable if it is printed in the premium
list. It is because of liability. Pretty soon only the handlers and their
dogs will be able to attend shows due to insurance, liability, and paid
hostile people. Oh but then we will not be showing and oh...the end of
another sport run into the ground by stupid and close minded people.

From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:43:08 EST

In a message dated 12/5/2007 3:56:28 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It is  not a rule...it is only enforceable if it is printed in the premium
list.  It is because of liability.  Pretty soon only  the  handlers and their
dogs will be able to attend shows due to insurance,  liability, and paid
hostile people.  Oh but then we will not be  showing and oh...the end of
another sport run into the ground by stupid  and close minded people.

The other side of this is that cubs have to protected themselves from  higher
insurance premiums. They get sued because a kid in a stroller has his  face
chopped up by a big dog there goes the insurance premium. Guess who pays  YOU
THE EXHIBITOR because we go up with the entry fees.

Lee Brown

products.

End of showgsd-l Digest V1 #86

http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=aolcmp00050000000003