[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: <showgsd> TICK BITES

  • From: Vixen12@xxxxxxx
  • To: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 08:51:58 EDT

In a message dated 8/3/2005 10:29:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx writes:
The CDC  also recommends saving any tick that has bitten you for
identification in  case you become ill. This can help your doctor make
an accurate diagnosis  of your illness. Put the tick into a scalable
plastic bag and pop it into  your freezer. Write the date of the bite
in pencil on a scrap of paper and  put that into the bag as well.

Oh my gosh......that has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever  heard.
I had a bitch come home from a breeding loaded with ticks....I have been
fighting ticks since....about 5 years...they are very hard to eradicate in
Florida I guess.  If I kept each tick that had latched on to me, I would  have
move out the food from the freezer!!   Just kidding  really...but no way would
I put baggies with ticks in them in my freezer.   Bad enough I keep a shot
glass filled with alcohol on my counter!!