[ SHOWGSD-L ] service dog ?

  • From: "Virginia" <v_cleary117@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 21:31:00 -0400

Hey friends. I am hoping to get out of here sooner, rather than later! YAY!
At the very least it will be November. I came here in August, and the way
the plan works is that I have to stay a minimum of 90 days for Hospice to
cover my stay here. I figure it will be that long minimum before Disability
gets on the ball.

So, I know that there are people on this group that have knowledge of
service dogs. I am seriously considering getting a GSD to be a service dog
(and a pet too of course!). Even after I get out of here I would need help
with balance occasionally, as well as picking up things (like my keys and
cell phone, and remote) that I am constantly dropping.

What do I need to look for? Being as I love the breed so much, and have
experience with them how would that effect my search?

Ginger Cleary

Rome, GA

---