[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: rice protein concentrate

  • From: shirley sommers <ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 17:24:39 -0700 (PDT)

  Thanks. Being a holistic nutritionist does give me a leg up on the terrible
situation.

  The thing that really bothers me is  the number of   horribly suffering pets
because  the majority of pet owners do not have ,  from what I have read,  4 ,
5 or 6000.00  to spend attempting to save Fido or Puss.

  Misinformation can be  just as dangerous as no information.

  Just think of  someone feeling safe with their choice of  food because RICE
GLUTEN is not on the list of ingredients because it was not the culprit nor
does such  a byproduct food exist. Then the dog drops dead !

  See if you can get your friend to delete the misleading gluten reference.

  ~S

gsdlady28@xxxxxxx wrote:
    Well, I would expect you would know more than anyone then, but it was not
my info, got it from someone else who had posted it in the middle of a bunch of
info on recalls, but I figured she had missed it so I reposted it in response
to her question....visit the link below for full article (I C&P part of article
below)

  http://www.howl911.com/petfoodrecall_list.htm

    DISCLAIMER: The foods listed below are not under recall. However, they all
have been reported to contain rice protein concentrate (a.k.a., brown rice
protein; rice gluten). While some companies are claiming their RPC is "safe"
and/or is not from the same supplier involved in the Natural Balance recall, we
advise against using these products until the FDA has completed its
investigation and emphatically declared all RPC, be it from China or elsewhere,
as 100% free from contamination.

  I was curious myself, as we all are now reading the labels more than ever!
From what I understand brewers rice, rice bran, rice flour and brown brewers
rice is ok.  See more info from Diamond on the rice protein concentrate at this
website   http://www.diamondpet.com/vet_notes/dogs/95/

  Maggie Marshall
Aeval German Shepherds
http://hometown.aol.com/gsdlady28/index.html