[ SHOWGSD-L ] rely to Fred M's Question

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 15:27:40 -0700 (PDT)

For some strange reason some of my eamils are bouncing while others make it
through. so here goes the second try,

Well here I go way out on the limb.....
 I pick the one with superior structure and try to keep in mind that this is a
working breed that was bred to think, that maybe, just possibly, this dog does
not find running in circles that challenging. I then leave the show grounds
really , really fast so the owners of the Mr Never Puts a Foot Down Wrong.
don't do me in :0)

But who knows maybe I would do it the other way. The reason is right now I have
a very promising teenager that thinks showing is BORING!!!!!. Attitude can be
everything and it really can make a difference in the way the dog shows
himself. There could also be an argument that the GSD main reason TO BE is to
serve the owner. If  I think running in circles is REALLY important then the
dog should be eager to please me and not himself.

Terry who really dislikes self centered dogs.
EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx wrote:

First do we agree dog shows are a place to evaluate breeding stock. The judge
is saying with his/her top placings these are the dogs that in my opinion
should be used for breeding. With this in mind. you have a class of more than 4
animals in that class you have at least 4 top quality animals one of which is a
showing fool never puts a foot down wrong. But there is one that is obviously
superior in structure but is an uninspired show dog in fact the only time you
can evaluate it's gait is when it is heading for the exit. WHO WINS and
why.
Fred Migliore