[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: panda shepherds genetics

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gsdlady28@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:48:50 -0700

I don't think going to a "white GSD breeder"  is the right source to go
to..........<G>
You can get the same markings RIGHT NOW TODAY on some current SHOW LINES
if you are not careful.    It is not a mutation.    It is a fault  that she is
going back INTO
instead of AWAY from.
You start getting white feet.....white tips on the tail.....a white blaze on
the face that can
go away...or not......you are tinkering on the edge of getting a "world famous
PANDA GSD".
<G>
You could do the same with some lines that will give you the 'bowed' front legs
and
continue to breed INTO  that until you got Daschund legs.........as a breeder
you have
 "tools"....you decide how to utilize them.    "Stay with the
program"........or become
a genius at marketing.  <G>
Please do not make the mistake of thinking of this as "rare"  "unique" or a
"rare mutation".
It just sounds way to glamorous.
In horses this color and markings is called PIEBALD.... name not so glamorous

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com