[ SHOWGSD-L ] my life with dogs

  • From: Denise Puglisi <kenpuglisi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 21:22:47 -0400

> We always had dogs growing up, our first was a Collie whose tail I pulled
> when he was sleeping and got bit in the face.  Not to bad and I was about 2
> at the time.  He went to be a farm dog at a friend of my dads.  Mom always
> had Poodles and dad had hunting Beagles.  Mom has Shih Tzus now and dad has
> none.

My first dog of my very own was a pup out of a Golden that we took in, she
gave us 9 pups a month later and I kept one.  She was my baby.  Then I
wanted a wolf cross and was in no uncertain terms that wolf crosses were
not to be trusted.
 A Shepherd was the closest thing.  After so much heartache I moved on over
to the German Woking lines.  I did get a BH on my bitch then I got sick so
everything was put on hold.  Started working with my dogs again but
bursitis, tendinitis of bicep and a torn rotator put an end to that.  Left
arm of course........I still have my dogs and wouldn't trade them for
anything.

Denise
Jefferson Hills. Pa