[ SHOWGSD-L ] more on Diamond pet foods....

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:22:22 -0500

from Peggy
On our 11 pm news last night, it was announced that we should return
bags of Diamond products (open or not) to the place of purchase for a
full refund...but I haven't seen that anywhere, has anyone else? I'm not
able to reach the Diamond website today, either...guess they are being
flooded by inquiries.
Luckily, all the dogs here are fine...so far. I will talk to my vet in a
little while and we will see if anyone needs any tests.
I urge you all to visit the Diamond site and see the lists of foods that
may be affected...I know some people buy their dog food at
Cosco...that's the Kirkland brand, which is a Diamond product, too.
This is such a serious thing.......and not the company's fault.
The toxin is a naturally occurring thing...it could actually be in many
other products right now. This toxin also affects people and other
living creatures........very scarey!
Peggy

Here is a copy of an email a friend received in response to a letter to
Diamond...

We appreciate your email to Diamond Pet Foods we hope between this  email and
our website which is currently being updated we can answer all of your
questions.
If you possess any recalled pet food distributed in  the eastern U.S. served
by our Gaston, S.C. plant, please immediately  stop feeding it to your pet.
 If your pet has eaten any  recalled products and is exhibiting jaundice in
combination with lack of  appetite, depression, bloody stools or severe
bleeding, please take it to your  veterinarian immediately.
Please follow your veterinarian’s instructions and we  will cover their
charges.
Our primary concern is pet safety. Furthermore, to  better help you, please
complete the Customer Help Form on our Web site and  return it to us by mail or
email.
If you are unsure if you product was  affected please go to the website for a
complete listing of recalled  products and how to identify those products,
our return procedures and other  up-to-date information, please go to
_www.diamondpet.com_ http://www.diamondpet.com/ .
Please note products from our Missouri and California are safe for  use.
Also, some products from the Gaston plant are not included in the  recall and
are safe for use.
We also are setting up a toll-free Technological Information  Center and will
have it operational as quickly as possible. It will be staffed  by
veterinarians and technicians, will handle any claims, and remain operational
until
this issue has been resolved.
We regret this unfortunate incident and appreciate your  understanding.
Sincerely,
Diamond Pet Foods
PS We should have more information updated on the website to  better answer
these questions by 6:00  CST