[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: keeping up with the opposition

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:34:26 -0400

Mr. Slander is ALWAYS sarcastic--it's his stock in trade.  And
Westminster is very nearly the AKC itself (at least, AKC considers
Westminster "its" own show).  The ASPCA is buying into the party
line.............
    It's going to pass, folks...........no matter who's against it, it's
going to pass.  Legislators (such as Kathy and Carolyn have shown us)
are pretty much going to ignore us.
    Dog breeders are not united...we concentrate only on our own breed
and don't bother with things that we don't see are going to impact us
all until it's too late.  I sent information on FIDO to the list some
time ago...how many list members sent in their $10 and joined up?  I bet
I'd have fingers left over if I could count them...........
    The AR groups are organized...they have money.  They may be idiotic
fools, but they get the job done, and the rest of us just sit here, by
ourselves, and don't do anything until it's too late.
    AKC may or may not be putting itself out of business...the dog show
superintendents aren't in this yet, and they should be, along with OFA,
CERF, and the like.  Dog food companies and pet stores won't be
bothered...the USDA mills will continue to supply pets and they will eat
dog food, and their owners will buy them leashes, collars, toys, and dog
beds, etc., ...but they probably won't OFA or CERF these
dogs...............they will register them with the AKC, will spay and
neuter them because that will be the law...so no dog
shows.................AKC doesn't care.
    PAWS will pass.  And, while it probably won't happen overnight, we
can kiss our dogs and our bloodlines goodbye.........
Peggy