[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: givng away a purebred vs selling

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:46:43 -0400

I've placed a few with no cost to the new owner.  So far, all have worked out.
A male GSD is with a retired Phys Ed teacher in North Carolina.  The dog is
living the life of Riley with a Golden Retriever.  I get updates and pictures.
Another GSD bitch is with an owner near by--I actually get to SEE her.  Through
it all, I've made new friends AND the owners love the dogs.  On the other hand,
I have sold a couple dogs (through the years) to rotten people--obviously I
didn't know it at the time.  Who would've thought that after many phone calls
and visits to the new litter (all the while videotaping and giving ALL the
right answers) that I would later find out the puppy was locked in a 5x5 ft.
laundry room for months?  How did I find out?  They gave the dog away because
they couldn't handle it (yeah, ya think?!) and the NEW owners called me for
advice (Thank God.)  And then there was the con artist (who conned me).  He
bought and sold a pup and convinced the new owner to pay $1500--I had sold the
dog as a PET for $500.  Yikes--don't get me started. . .
Penny in NY