[ SHOWGSD-L ] futurity

  • From: Richard Lortie <richard.lortie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 08:40:33 -0400 (Est (heure d'été))

In Canada litter nominees are getting lower and lower.
Breeders do not find any motivation to do so,Futurities are no more
important to many of them,
being a member of a local club and after many discussions with breeders I
can affirm that  we produce many good quality litters and that our puppies
are extremely competitive....
In our region,breeders have the same opinion about specilaties and they
prefer to show in all breed shows.We still want to organize speciaties but
if we continue to have lower and lower entries,the clubs won't be able to
support these losts of money any more and they will die for sure.
When we see what happen in our neighbor USA.they organized amateur futurity
with main goal to have breeders to nominate their litters,we are
questionning where are going the futurities.We have to think that futurities
are in main place a big FUN MATCH created to have breeders to show their
litters they produced during the year.This should be the real goal of the
regional futurity again and not only get the BIG RIBBON in paying the big
money for it...most of the breeders can't afford to do so.
let's have the futurities back in form of fun competition,show the progenies
of the breeders in each region and then the numbers of nominations will go
up again,this is what I think and by the same time the entries  in the
specialties held in conjonction will go up also, in Canada and in US as well

thanks for reading me,this is my opinionm,

Diane Gobeil
Lacomtesse Shepherd
1993 Grand Victor,futurity winners and many select winners