[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: first pitbulls, now sighthounds...will herding dogs be ...

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:54:29 EST

In a message dated 2/8/2006 1:42:57 PM Central Standard Time, pmick@xxxxxxxxx
writes:
The Wolfhounds in the Schipperke case were at the show to compete in
conformation classes.  How do you know they were lure coursing dogs?  I
know you and Gary were there, and I remember the case well. \
__________________________________
As I told you in private...the AKC rep told us they were Lure Course
Champions...that was his excuse for the dogs...and his reason for allowing them
stay on show grounds..Gary also testified at the AKC hearing for this incident.
You had to be there to see the full impact of what happened...
I know its sport...but I could not watch my dogs go out and kill a rabbit for
sport...but thats just me. Have my dogs killed rabbits..sure they have...I
cant watch a bull fight or a foxhunt either.... I let a mouse out of a trap
once
because it just got his tail and he was fine...

Patty