[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: dog in car

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, CHBLACKVELVET@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 16:00:09 +0000

Additionally, about a year ago a friend of mine left his police dog in his unit
while he ran inside to handle business at headquarters.  The car was equipped
with a heat sensor/pager that kept him informed of the temperature in the unit.
 He was inside about 10 minutes when dispatch received a cell call of a unit
BURNING in the parking lot.  Something went wrong with the AC unit nad it began
to smoke before it started burning.  Becasue it was a short circuit in the car
wiring, the unit never went off.  The car filled with toxic smoke from melting
plastic before the unit caught fire.  Because of the short circuit none of the
electronics - including windows and door locks would work.  JJ had to knock out
windows, which isn't easy with BC glass, and climbed through inside the burning
car three times to get the boy out.  He, the 'Beast' as he was affectionately
known, died later at the vet of smoke inhalation.  I posted this to the list
when it happened.
Leave a dog inside a car unattended???  NOT ME!!!  NO WAY!

--
Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com

From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx