[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: carmen/hunte/Great Idea

  • From: "Emilie" <windvane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "thelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:06:10 -0700

Pay him? for what?
Emilie
----- Original Message -----
From: "Arcturus" <Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "thelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:56 AM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: carmen/hunte/Great Idea

Will we have to pay Hunte off?  He's a business man, I'm sure he's going to
want something in return.  Sue T

Jeff wrote:

"I believe the Board hired outside counsel after the January meeting to
advise them on what they were or weren't allowed to do and that conclusion
was that our club had the right to Not vote anyone into membership as long
as we did not violate any constitutional rights or federal discrimination
laws.  i.e. Race, Sex, Religion, National origin etc.

> I don't believe there is or should be any fear of consequence by our Board
> when they vote on Hunte's membership this coming weekend.
> As far as the delegate position, I am not necessarily opposed to Fred's
> idea. but wouldn't a change like that need a by-laws or club
> constitutional ammendment?   Not so easy to do, right?
>
> If we have a great President and Board, then why change.  They will do
> what is right on both issues, especially now that they are all completely
> informed."
>
> Jeff Pyle

5:26 PM