[ SHOWGSD-L ] amat fut/prof handlers kids

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 23:17:10 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/2007 7:31:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Do the  parents get ROM points?

I like that idea, sort of a ROM for the parents of a good  junior.

The reason for the Amateur futurity was to bring in more entries and more
people. It doesn't seem to do that at all.  However, a by-product seems to  be
that it is giving the youngsters a chance to get in the ring with the good
dogs.  The older folks can't cut the load, and the youngsters are all that  is
left.  While it might not bring in new people, maybe the chance for the  kids
show the good dogs is a unexpected result.

We need to keep an eye on this. Some times what we expect is not what we
get, but there might be a purpose here anyway.

I never did understand how it would increase the Futurity entries, and
evidently it didn't this year. Maybe it will next year.  I can't imagine
people
coming to the Futurity to show just in the Amateur event, or bringing  extra
dogs to show. But, maybe they can get the kids out.

I also didn't buy the fact that people were afraid to show against the
professionals.  That dog just won't hunt. If you think you lost because the
professional was give a favor, you probably don't belong in the ring anyway.
The
better dogs win most of the time.  No matter who is on them.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together