[ SHOWGSD-L ] all-breed versus specialty

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:29:45 -0500

to me it is not the shows themselves that seperates the two it's the judges and
for me the rings.
Judges who have GSD's as their initial breed and are very active in this breed
"should" understand it better than judges who went to a seminar, ringside
mentored, observed a few times then applied.  Now notice i said
should.......that's NOT carved in stone.
I have seen more than a few excellent all arounders who could judge a specialty
anyday with the best of them. They just happen to have an eye for good movement
in any breed and have studied up and took the initiative to learn rather than
just using it as a stepping stone to do the whole group.

I prefer big outdoor rings..............there are many all-breed shows that are
stepping up to the plate and providing big outdoor rings or at the very least
large indoor rings. Alot of clubs are doing supported entries etc...........

Now you can pick this apart every which way you want but it's my opinion for
what it's worth. AMY

Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com