[ SHOWGSD-L ] about that open field coursing event...

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:50:44 -0500

    This came from a friend privately - however, at the same time,
pretty much the same thing was on one of my all-breed lists.      Yes,
herding could be on this fellow's agenda...after all, he could decide it
was time to protect the sheep!
  I realize this is far from a German Shepherd's job, but it's just
another example of how the ARistas work--they are fast coming to get us
all. This is NOT an exaggeration. The NOTRA racing event referred  to is
simply 200 yards around an oval, chasing plastic bags. Period. Illegal
to bet, it's just a fun event and the dogs love to run. I am not crying
wolf. This is real... having dogs is now in the spotlight due to all the
exposure dog shows receive in the press, and the enormous money spent in
America on dog food, etc. it's now a big, big deal, and there are lots
of ignorant people out there who are easily convinced that ALL of us are
evil.
Peggy