[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Your history is my life

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>, <bedkar@xxxxx>, <TishW@xxxxxxx>, <EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx>, <wjbj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <JMoses0924@xxxxxxx>, <fk.fasano@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 12:10:11 -0500

Dear Members of the show list,

Please be sure to carefully read Helen's email below.
The Centennial Committee continues with efforts to bring everyone
an outstanding history of our club and breed.

Our Centennial Historian,  Tom Brown,  (with assistance from Vivian)
is steadily gathering historical documents. One example
is his successful contacting of relatives of the first Secretary of
the Club Ann Tracy. Tom has acquired handwritten letters from
some of the founders & also I believe Marie Leary. Tom and Vivian
where at the former estate of Geraldine Dodge where they spent
time scanning important documents. Many thanks to Tom and Vivian
for all of their work.

There will be a historic physical display at Dream Park,
site of the 2013 Centennial National Specialty. Today Kay
forwarded the address and contact number of Helen Hess,
who with husband Art, founded the Hessian line of GSD's
Thank  you Kay!!!! If you know or have items relative to
this effort please contact Tom Brown or Nancy Harper.

We are fortunate to have received the taped interview of Ernie Loeb
as well as other long time and influential GS breeders.  You will be
able to view these tapes at the Centennial National.

The Friday ceremony honoring active duty MWD, SAR, Assistance & K-9's &
the DVD of these dogs in action will be very special - you will not want
to miss this occasion.

Following the Jan Board Meeting detailed information about the 2013
Events will be posted on the Centennial web site.  The 2013 National,
Centennial Celebration,  and World Trials is a once in a life time
opportunity - plan to be there!!!!

Happy, safe and healthy New Year to everyone.

Nancy Harper-Mulvaney for the Centennial committee