[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why join GSDCA-an opinion

  • From: lollark@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:50:23 +0000

Why join GSDCA???
*Hmmmmm....Seemed like the thing to do if I'm getting seriously involved in the
dog world and it was 3:30 in the morning and the coffee hadn't cleared my head
yet. :-)
*I have leadership experience and a couple of talents that could be useful in
the club--not sure how to get involved at this point but I'm sure I'll figure
that out.
*I want to learn more (and more and more) about the breed.  I need videos,
seminars, and advice from more experienced folks
*I enjoy the online conversation (PC stuff too) --my dissertation was on online
community
*I like the members I've met so far and want to get to know them-my current
circle of friends and family aren't all that interested in talking about dogs
*Doesn't some of our money go to GSD rescue?  That's a good way to spend $
*Now that I'm showing my dog (and soon another one) I want to be competitive in
the conformation ring. I want to study the ones that are winning and see what
it takes.
*I want to attend the National next year-don't I get a discount?
*I want a vote in matters that impact the breed
*Dog lovers need to make their voice strong in community decisions about dog
ownership-a group has more power if used well.
*And I want to see that IS so I can critique it with my rhetorical eye. :-)
Karen Lollar
Colorado

-------------- Original message from ELG440@xxxxxxx: --------------