[ SHOWGSD-L ] Who is this Braeburn dog?

  • From: "Kris Christian" <Kris.Christian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 12:42:14 -0800

Okay,

I've had several people ask for more details about Brae and it has
become obvious to me that I'm not performing as well as my dog is in the
ring when it comes to writing brags...

So here goes.

Avion Braeburn was bred by Claire Drosdick and was sired by Mari-Fiori
The Fever (who is 3 singles away from his championship) out of Claire's
5th generation from her bitch line, Avion Paris. Claire had another
litter this year out of Paris and Ken-Delaine's Marksman and has three
very nice puppies growing up for next spring's shows with three
different owners. You are forewarned.

Brae's pedigree is solid OFA for hips and elbows and to help understand
where he came from, he is line bred on GV Ueker and his grandfathers are
GV Bull and Sel CH Rollins. His grandmothers are a CH Mari Fiori Bold
Ruler daughter and a Sel CH Mastercharge daughter (herself a champion
with this year's 6-9 puppy dog class winner at the National being her
youngest progeny). I hope this isn't too confusing and would be glad to
send a pedigree to anyone who wants one.

Brae has 13 points with 1 major and 4 major reserves. He has been shown
and won consistently in both the specialty and all breed rings in
California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington. He has won under judges:
Nadine Grady, Lee Brown, Dave Rinke, George Heitzman, Thomas Draeheim,
Betty Jo Patrick, Fay Dorval Haupt, Charles Doran, Del Richards, and
more. He won again this last weekend in San Mateo going WD twice, taking
a major and going BOW, BOS over two male specials...not that there is
anything wrong with that : )

Brae was born on May 16th, 2004 and is now 18 months old. We have
pre-limmed him for hips and elbows and will OFA him when he turns two.
We have a bitch waiting to be bred to him who is starting to come into
season now. Brae can't wait!

Once Brae is finished we plan to take him into the field to learn more
about the sheep that live at our place and that they are fun too!

Brae is co-owned by Claire and myself and is handled by Eric Norby. He
is trained and conditioned by Eric and Joannie Intersimone.

I am handled and trained by my lovely wife Jennifer, our three boys, and
my many friends in the fancy. Thanks for welcoming me back into the
fold. You are wonderful!!!

Kris Christian