[ SHOWGSD-L ] Whites & What's going on in Canada

  • From: Bob Stevenson <trimblyn@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:40:01 +0000

Some news from Canada you might be interested in.
Some time ago I received a request from the CKC for a letter from the German
Shepherd Dog Club of Canadaon whether or not we were contemplating any changes
to our breed standard.  They had been contactedby a person (or group) asking
about changing our standard by removing the DQ on white dogs.After discussion
with other board members I wrote a letter to the CKC informing them the
GSDCCwas not contemplating any changes to our breed standard at this time.
A short time after this letter I received a information from the CKC that they
had received a requestfrom someone to have the White Swiss Shepherd Dog
recognized and added to the CKC's list ofMiscellaneous/Listed Breeds.  This is
to be presented to the CKC board of directors at their Septembermeeting and
decided at that time.  The CKC requested that we send another letter stating
whether or notwe would be in favour of this action.  After another meeting with
the board and another unanimous voteI wrote another letter stating that the
GSDCC was not in favour of this action and would not support it.
This is getting a little long so I won't go into any of the reasoning behind
our decisions, if anyone wants toknow the research done and the things we found
feel free to contact me personally.
As a member of the GSDC of America I will state my personal view.  The standard
doesn't need to bechanged, it should be left as it is and I will vote No on
these issues.
Bob Stevenson
President - GSDC of Canadaand Club Liaison to the GSDC of America.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html