[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White Obedience Victrix

  • From: Denise Fox <Foxhavengsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:16:51 -0400

Sorry Kathy was not done with the e-mail was trying to save and continue but
hit send. My point is that it has happened twice now they worked hard and if
they are unable to win then why let them enter the national? To take their
money and say oops you have the best score but your dog is white sorry? I feel
so sorry for the person because we bitch and complain that they won and take
away their glory and excitement? We do it to our selfs in confirmation which is
sad and now performance? Now wonder people think we are snobs and newbies leave
as fast as they came. We are all pissed off all the time and can't own up that
in some cases the dog was not what the judge wanted.  I am not talking politics
and handlers. Example this years National I put my bitch in specials and she
was not in the running. I was fine with it I know she doesn't have a lot of
rear drive and she has one speed fast. I was happy with her performance and my
young handler did an awesome job. Others were pissed off about it. Why because
I didn't win because I had a young handler and my bitch is nice. All through I
appreciate that they think I have a nice bitch. The funny part is that I was
the one saying why she was not chosen. If whites can not win the huge award
they should not be able to enter. Just like spooks, bits ect. These are DQ but
yet they win. Why because some of the DQ you can hide? Sorry your DQ is more
obvious . Boy do we have a double standard. Again JMO
Denise Fox
Foxhavengsd@xxxxxxx
GCH Foxhaven-MyJoy Good Girl Gone Bad V Windfall - Rihanna
Foxhaven Devil in Desquise v Franken Major pointed -Saber

On Oct 16, 2013, at 8:09 AM, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

Denise, a little history.  Prior to 2012 when, for whatever reason, the "old
rules", that a dog w/ a DQ could not win a top GSDCA award were left off the
premium list, dogs who were eligible for the award were examined by an AKC
judge to certify that had no DQs.

If a dog DID have a DQ, the GSDCA award was not offered that year, there was no
giving it to the next in line.

Remember the dogs w/ DQs were still eligible for AKC awards, high Combined in
OB, High in Trial for herding/agility and THAT'S why people who had dogs w/ DQs
still entered, for the qualifying scores/runs, for the OTCH points etc. And
yes, we took their money and yes, their scores were recorded and the dogs
competing got all of the AKC awards they were eligible for.

If you read the purpose of the GSDCA, "To define precisely and publish
definition of the true type, and to urge the adoption of such types on
breeders, judges, dog show committees, etc., as the only recognized and
unvarying standard by which the German Shepherd Dog is to be judged, and which
may in the future be uniformly accepted as the sole standard of excellence in
breeding and awarding prizes of merit; " you will see where there is a conflict
with awarding dogs with breed DQs a GSDCA prize of merit.

A lot of us took that above paragraph to heart.  The proof of that is how the
ballot questions re DQs and ILPs and PALs turned out.

I know you are not old enough to remember the "conformation enthusiasts" who
fought so very hard to bring performance to the level of  recognition it has
today at our premiere event.  Several would be turning in their graves at the
thought we even needed to vote on DQs being eligible for the awards they fought
so hard to have included.

I guess  these days we have to specify "AKC", there are so many other venues I
get dizzy.

And for the record, I DO know what it takes to train a High Combined dog and a
High Scoring GSD in Utility at a large AKC trial, having done it.  I am sick to
death of those that think top winning breed dogs in AKC events (again I guess
we have to specify), know little more than how to how to hit the end of a leash
and show their teeth.  Maybe you can get away with that in some of the other
organizations and venues that I am not familiar with, truthfully, I have no
idea.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 10/16/2013 1:02:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Foxhavengsd@xxxxxxx writes:
I totally agree, if we allow white shepherds to show in all performance venues
then they deserve the win. I guess I don't understand why they are DQ in
conformation but can enter in all performance class but if a white wins a high
title then the whole white gsd becomes an issue. Like Amy said its performance.
 Your more then willing to take their entries and money but it is an issue if
they win? Sorry doesn't make sense to me.

Denise Fox
Foxhavengsd@xxxxxxx
GCH Foxhaven-MyJoy Good Girl Gone Bad V Windfall - Rihanna
Foxhaven Devil in Desquise v Franken Major pointed -Saber

On Oct 15, 2013, at 6:47 PM, "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You've got THAT right, Amy.  But a few people I know just HAVE TO have the
last words.  Have at it, people.  Hehehehehe . . . .

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever

Come on people.......so she is white.....she is a GERMAN SHEPHERD. Her owner
worked very hard to get her to the level that she competed in and did well
enough to become the Obedience Victrix. They are not judged on color or
conformation.......they are judged solely on how they go through the
different exercises needed to score high. Obedience is not
easy......especially at the higher level. I put a CD myself on my first
Ch.Elway........it was not easy.....but we did it. Give it a rest and worry
about something that you can do something about.......HUGE CONGRATS TO RON
AND HIS WHITE OBEDIENCE VICTRIX.........me thinks it is time to set vacation
or go to digest!!!!
Amy Greenhut
Justrock German Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises And Tortoise Rescue
Board Member Last Hope Safe Haven
http://www.lhsh.org
Behold The Turtle. He Makes Progress Only When He Sticks His Neck Out
A Quote By James Conant

is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.