[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What's your favorite breeding book?

  • From: broedster@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 12:16:09 -0500

It's probably been mentioned already, but I LOVE Muriel Lee's "The Whelping &
Rearing of Puppies: A Complete and Practical Guide".  Not only is it written in
a straightforward manner and easy to understand for those who are new to
whelping, but it's a handy reference for that "new thing" that just happened
that never happened during whelping before.  As an added bonus, its pages are
laminated (easy clean-up) and it's spiral-bound so you can have it open on the
floor while you're assisting Mom.  GSD's are typically free-whelpers so you
don't usually have to do much, but it's nice to have the book there when your
brain takes a vacation and the little darlings start to pop out.  lol

Becky
Roedertor GSD

In a message dated 12/9/05 8:08:46 AM, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> So you more "seasoned" pros, what do you
> recommend for good reading material as I sit in the VERY HOT whelping
> room waiting for the "arrivals".  I'm not looking for a book on
> genetics.......more on the whelping, weaning and care of the mother and
> babies.

Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

MANNER