[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What is your favorite show?

  • From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'DIR'" <Dir@xxxxxxxxxx>, <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'SHOWGSD-L'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:28:04 -0600

Yes, very sad. Among former members were Charlie Chester and Gloria Birch.

Today, there are only a few of us here who show in conformation. In the Fort
Worth Club there are three of us, and in the Dallas area I can think of a
handful more.

The problem was not supporting the club. It goes WAY back when someone in
the Dallas club didn't like someone in the Fort Worth club, and the Dallas
club stayed small and was run by one or two people. As the club began to
grow, (as Ileana and I and a few others joined) we had to move into this
century, and that was quite a struggle.

Eventually the club folded out of apathy. I was gone, Ileana tried her best
to keep it open but no one else wanted to so it died.

I hear rumors a few are trying to start it back up. If they do, I hope they
see the value in offering 4 specialty weekends with the Fort Worth GSD club.

The Fort Worth club has survived in part through the efforts of Eunice
Gerloff and her herding folks. We are now offering herding trials, and
asking permission to hold a HGH next year. (No promises!)

Everyone likes each other, and everyone works hard. Although only three of
us show, Nanci Nellis, myself, and Pat Evans, everyone pitches in at the
shows and herding trials/instinct tests.

Sadly, we've had to go with All Breeds since losing our partnership with
Dallas. We get good entries, but they are not as much fun. :(

Cyndy
www.texasdogs.com