[ SHOWGSD-L ] What do I get?

  • From: <kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSDCA Showlist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 08:26:38 -0700

I had to get something for niece, Karina Sater-Atwell M.D., and send it to
Madison, WI for her baby shower coming up this Sat. Karina and husband Andy
know they're going to have a girl. She's due to whelp September 15th. This
will be their first baby. Now for me shopping for a human baby? Get real! I
had NO clue in what to get. I've never had children. So I go on Amazon & see
some things I thought would be interesting, etc. Then I'm thinking, will I
be repeating something someone else will be getting Karina? Well, that's the
chance I'll have to take not being very creative at this point. So I end up
going to our infamous Walmart. Now I'm in the baby-section. I totally feel
out of place pretending I know what I'm looking for. I feel time dragging.
I'm so bored. Everything looked foreign to me. I pick up a few things put
them in my cart, then take them out & start all over. Still pretending I
know what I'm doing I finally find myself in the Pet-Center TWICE. Now
that's when I know what to look for.;o) I finally make it home with my human
baby treasure gifts. Wrap them in pink wrapping paper. Now Karina's card is
waiting for me to sign. What do I say? Well, I'm excited for the two of
them. I really mean that. I know they'll be a great dam and sire. I write
things that seem a bit awkward because it wasn't about a new puppy, dog, cat
or horse. Do babies like to chew on things? What kind of treats would they
like? Do they need floor training pads? A crate sounds like a really good
idea. I could save Karina & Andy a lot of babysitting money if I gave them a
crate. When can they take their new baby to obedience? A harness would be a
good idea for their baby so they wouldn't lose track of her. I guess I'll
stop here because I actually have no clue about human babies. I hope Karina
and Andy do because I'll be no help to them!...;o) Kathy Partch
www.JoKaySedona.com

---