[ SHOWGSD-L ] Wednesday first class, 6-9 puppy bitches

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ginialtman@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:05:49 EST

Itâ??s Wednesday and another dog show. I have been talking to Ginnie solving
all the problems for the clus numnb.  Lee Fosland is talking to me, and we
were gong to Troutmanâ??s and the food is terrible so we are looking for some
place else.  I just saw the illustrated standard for he Snauzers, and it  looks
good. I just found out they are moving some stuff and will be bringing in  a
fork lift to move some stuff, so it should be interesting. This facility is
great, and more excitement today.

The judging has started with some good looking puppies. I see Tedi talking
to Kelly next to me and Jane Kerner is talkign to Liz Osler, (I think that is
her married name).  Ed Barrit just came by and winked at me, and Ken Tank  is
waiting to go in the ring. I see Kris Fasano talking on the phone,a nd Susie
Witmer is standing next to her puppy waiting to go in.  Ed is talking to  Ken
now, and Flower Boy is ring side. There goes Kent wearing number 228 which  is
Zahara arm band.  It is sort of quiet as they do the individuals.

I see Linda Kury, and now some applause, as Georgie goes around.  Individuals
are boring.

I was reflecting on all the nationals I have gone to ,and the years that
have gone by. It seems that it happened in a blink of the eye, and now Dave
Rinke comes by.  He sure is tall. Linda is talking about the rescue
presentation
to Tony, and it is at noon, and she is going to bring by the  information.  I
see Sheryll Brocket giving directions to her signifigant  other.  I was just
asked where Paula, not Pamela is, and I spotted her. I  am in becoming the
information person.

Kent is talking to Annita,a nd I see Mike Sherman in the ring, and he just
waved at me. Carolyn Martello is standing in front of me now. Ken Tank came by
and is talking to Gionnie, and told me to tell his wife hello.  I know  Kathy
is missing him, she told me so. Dave is talking to Pam Stoesser and Dave  is
now  talking to me. They are bitching about the microphone, and it is
obnoxious.  It seems to be a problem in obedience, and they are trying to  shut
it
off.

The last of the 6-9 puppy bitches is now in the ring. She broke them into
small groups, and in this group are six, so there were a number of groups, when

she finishes she is going to have to start to pick. Debbie looks calm and the
 crowd is not into it yet.  I see Frank Frasano talking to Jenn root, who is
standing in front of me.

the pups go around, and Ken is in there with Kent, Scottie and I canâ??t see
the rest. Tall people are in front of me.  Debbie has a piece of tape up  front
where she stacks them so they can be filmed. She is not touching the  mouths,
and asks the handler to show her the teeth.  Most of the people are  standing
on the ground. You can bet around on three sides.

They have divided the ring into two rings today and it is more  manageable.
Flower Boy is feeling better, so he says, and he is talking to  Jenn Root. I
see Bill Basu giving direction to Ben Begornia.

Nancy Harber came by to give her best, and she looks good with her new hair
cut. I canâ??t see much of the ring, as there are people standing in front of
the  table. Bart Barkley and Cindy are there, and he has on number 225 which is

Miakoda a bitch, so he must just be waiting to go back in.  Georgie is
giving direction to Ed, who is wearing overalls, but with a t-shirt.   Tiffany
just
took a picture of Bart, and she called him â??DADâ?? and he didnâ??t  turn.
Then
she called â??BARTâ?? and he looked over.  I wonder what that  means.

They have Bill Pfeiffer in a ticket booth ringside, and it is about ten  foot
by four foot. He seems to spend some time outside, it looks more like a  cell
than anything else.  I see Reggie is here and has grown about two  inches
this year. He looks great, and Flower Boy is on his case.  He is in  for some
preaching today. Alex Mues just stopped by to shake hands.

The is about done, and here comes Paul Root complaining about Frankâ??s white
socks. He is wearing a Iowa sweat shirt. They have cleared out in front of me,
 so here we go. Debbie is looking at Scottieâ??s bitch and tells him to take
her  around.  She is done with this group, and she is lookign them over, and
walks to the center of the ring, looking over each one as they stack.

She walks to the front,a nd looks at the first bitch and now moves down the
line and pets Kenâ??s bitch but none of the other. She tells them to take them
around and is giving some directions I canâ??t hear.  There they go, and she
is
standing to look only at one point as they go by, and they take them slow and
 easy.  I like who Kent has, Zahara.  She calls for another group. She  has
the rest of them in, now the whole class is there.  Debbie is giving  them
directions and Bob is checking everyone to make sure they are in order.  Today
he
has a yellow jacket, we are all waiting for the white suit.

Debbie is walking down the line looking them all over. Laurene is here
wearing number 14, and she looks great. Debbie starts to move them and puts
Mickie
in fron then Georgie then Bart, then someone whose name escapes me, (I  hate
getting od, then Kent. In front is Alex with Softly then Pattie, then Bill
Basu then Mickie and Georgie, etc. They take them around. The rest get to stand

and watch. I suspect these are her keepers.  Now she wants the rest of them
to line up and go around.
Eight in the keeper group.  Tony is standing  and will tell me what is going
on, too many people in front of me now. The rest  are out there and she is
taking them around to make sure she didnâ??t miss  anything, I guess.  Lots of
nervous double handlers.  She watches them  go around and they fil the ring.

Ginnie told me that they have heard it is a close tie between Lew and  me.  I
have real mixed feelings.

Debbie pulled out Diane Brown with Honey Be Good, and the rest take some
time outside the ring to rest. Paul Root is singing songs from Oklahoma.

Debbie goes down her group and tells them to take two trips around.   There
they go, and now the double handling gets loud. Alex, Patty, Bill Mike,
George, Bart, Unknown Kent and Diane, and there goes the second trip.  I  like
what
Kent has, and they are stil in catalogue order.  Debbie Pulls out  Alex, then
Patty, George, Kent and Diane.  This is the happy group.   She set them aside
and is looking at the rest.  Tony just called the 6-9  Puppy dogs.  The back
half goes around Bill Mike Bart and the rest and  excuses them, five left.

They line up and Debbie is lookign them over, and has her head down looking
up at them.  Soaring Softly Mati Hari, Honey Be Good, and there they go  five
of them, lots of bells and whistles.

Debbie has called it off and first is Soaring Softley of Heinerburg, then
Proven Hillâ??s Abbey Road, Rosewoodâ??s Mati Hari, and fourth Trâ??s Zahara V
Kenlyn.  Ginnie wants a copy of this, so I will send it to her.

More to come.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together