[ SHOWGSD-L ] We can all be viciously attacked

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:31:23 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/07 9:04:50 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tyke.8953@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Maybe  all of us had better remember that saying, "Eternal vigilance is the
price of  owning a dog."

Back when I was on the road selling, I came home one night after being out
of town all week. I walked into the house after ten at night.  We had a  home
where about ten feet from the back door was a stairs to the second floor,
facing the door.  About six feet up, was a landing.

As I came in the door, without turning on a light, I felt something, like a
wind in my face, and it was my dog Loki, launched off the landing, headed to
me,  with his teeth bared, and no growl.

I yelled at him, "It's me" and caught him in my arms, all 90 pounds of  him.
(I was much younger).  All he could do was wiggle and cry, and  all I could
do was stand there, frozen.

We should always remember that these are dogs, and not always as smart as  we
are.  Often smarter.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/